Thursday, November 27, 2008

UC Apps...

1. Prompt #1 (freshman applicants)
a. Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

Ever since I was young, my parents always told me how lucky I was to be raised in America. This is commonly said among parents to their children, but very few people realize the significance of the statement. Throughout the years, I always wondered about my parent’s constant nagging and their statement about being thankful, and a few years ago, I finally realized what they meant. If my family had never moved to America, life for me would have been different. For instance, I would have fewer friends due to my ranking in the social ladder. I would also have less motivation to study since I know that I could not move up in society through education or work. The way my life would have worked out would have been for me to get a job at a young age to help, as had been the legacy within my family for years. With this legacy, there was never the hint of expectation or even desire for me to attend a top university let alone graduate from a high school. This is because whether or not I would have tried to get an education, to financially support me throughout the process would have been near impossible. At this stage of my life, I would have been applying for jobs rather than Universities. Since my family moved to America, I am given an opportunity to pursue an education without feeling the social pressure of work because I am a lower class. By being in America, I am urged to move ahead in life, to be ... you know what this is all BULLSHIT. if i stayed in hong kong i would have more motiviation to work BECAUSE its harder to move up in life. since i am in america now i don't feel like doing ANYTHING because, its so easy to earn money as long as you're willing to do the dirty work. really! its so much easier to slack off here. as ppl say Procastinators are LEADERS of tomorrow. and right now i dislike my dad and love my mom. he's so annoying always BLAMING everything on me even though it is clearly my brother. noooo leave the only son alone. I thought youngest child was suppose to be cherished and spoiled. not in this family. so University of California... you can go fuck yourself. because i'll most likely commit sucide before i get an acceptance letter. and i'll tell you this. EVERYONE bullshit their personal statement. maybe a little lie here and there or the whole damn thing. this isnt about who you really are. its really about who can make stuff up the best.



i wish i turned that one in....
---------------------------------------------------


UC applications: in progress...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dunno if ull care or if it matters to u anymore but ily....dunno y im putting such a thing on a topic like this

Anonymous said...

you're going to hate yourself in the long run for not having the motivation to work in high school, or the motivation to get into a good college.

Anonymous said...

To me you seem to be a person that is more motivated by other people. You tend to do things because you want people to like you. Don't worry so much about trying to impress other people. If you just do things you enjoy, study things you are interested in, and have a career thats enjoyable for you, you will also meet people you like. Also you seem like you are very charismatic, so they'll probably like you too.
Don't worry about what could have been, just enjoy what you have. If what you have isn't enough, then change your life in a way so you can have what you want in the future. But don't worry over things that can't be changed.
Killing yourself is pointless. You're going to die eventually anyways, so just find ways to enjoy life while it lasts. Plus like I said before, people care about you, probably more than you would think.

Anonymous said...

dear writter, lmao i believe this post is partly true. it is true that a lot of the uc applications have a lot of bullshit written by many different writers. although the readers doen't actually judge ur essay on what u talk/write about. but instead, they actually look at ur writing structures, grammar, vocab, etc. so anyways good job trying to comfort urself and motivating urself.... u should do this more often in other situations ;]

-put a smile on :]